Timber Trail Centre
Open 20 January 2021 - April 2021
Timber Trail Centre is a little piece of heaven located in Ongarue Village - the (southern) end of NZ Timber Trail Cycle Way. The Centre's three large buildings are all made of native timber and over a century old and these are set in 2 hectares of gardens and orchards flowing down to the Ongarue River.
- The old Miller's Cottage provides 5 bedrooms (each with an ensuite bathroom), along with a shared a kitchen/dining room and lounge.
- The Old School is also available for exclusive use by guests – with a pool/billiards room as well as large lounge with library and more dining facilities.
- The Centre can also provide meals and these can be booked via our website (when you book a room, that’s an extra option). We offer either a three meal package (silver service dinner, big continental breakfast and pack lunch) for $50 per person – or guests can order an individual meal (dinner: $25, breakfast: $15 or pack lunch: $10)
- Guests are welcome to use the hot tub for 10 and petanque court and there’s plenty of free parking on-site, as well as free WIFI.
- Across the road our neighbour, Remi at "Flashpackers", can also help you out with cycle hire and/or transport.
Marty & Sylvie, your hosts, speak French, Hindi, Urdu and English and have worked in 40 countries around the world – so are very much at home welcoming international guests as well as kiwis.
Please note : The Centre will open for the Summer season 20 January to April 2021.
For more information, room reservations and many blogs on things to do in the region, have a look at our website:
P: +64 21 082 66 60 3 or +64 21 1378 627
Note: Direct bookings will attract the best pricing and added value.