Ride a top north island multi day adventure cycle trail, this 85km ride traverses some of New Zealand's most diverse and fascinating environments.
Discover stories and secrets of a remarkable forest...ride (or walk) a trail journey through time deep in the heart of the North Island.
- Purpose-built tracks flowing through virgin, regenerating native forest and exotic plantation forest
- Cross 35 bridges including the 141m long Maramataha suspension bridge
- Navigate the engineering marvel that is the Ongarue Sprial
- Be captivated by the historic relics left by the hardy timber loggers of times past
- Discover the stories of local iwi and early settlers
- Listen to the dawn chorus featuring tūī , kākā and other native birds flourishing in the forest
- Marvel at the incredible sparkling stars of the night sky
- Relax in your choice of our welcoming accommodation options
Come and explore Pureora on the truly unforgettable Timber Trail - one of the 22 Great Rides of the Ngā Haerenga - New Zealand Cycle Trail Network.