Welcome: your invitation to join the team.
The Timber Trail NZ is growing in reputation, attracting national and international visitors to Pureora Forest park, and staying longer in the Ruapehu and Waitomo Districts to explore even further.
There is increasing demand for services including transport, tours, accommodation, bike hire, dining, support services and activities, combined with the high level of customer service that cycle tourists expect.
Visitors are seeking out the absolute best local recommendations. Becoming an Official Partner of the Timber Trail and the New Zealand Cycle Trail (NZCT), businesses will be recognised as a trusted service provider. The NZCT's Official Partner Programme has been created to enable local businesses to partner with cycle trails in their region, for mutual benefit
The Programme offers significant benefits to both parties and recognises the importance of effective partnerships to the sustainable success of the Trail. Become part of a network of businesses linked to the already successful cycle trail and increase your business as well as the overall economic benefit for our local communities.
The Timber Trail NZ manages the Official Partner Programme. All membership fees assist us to maintain, promote and develop the Timber Trail NZ. We would like to acknowledge the support of Department of Conservation, Ruapehu District Council, Waitomo District Council, and MBIE in supporting our trail.
Simply by meeting some cycle-friendly standards, you will be eligible to apply for Official Partner Status. More details in the application form.
Thank you for your interest in the programme and we look forward to welcoming you as an Official Partner.
Benefits of being an official partner of the Timber Trail NZ
Why become a Partner?
• Supports the future development and maintenance of the Timber Trail NZ
• Increased visibility of your business’s ‘Official Partner’ status
A profile on the New Zealand Cycle Trail and Timber Trail websites will give your business even more exposure to visitors planning a trip. The NZCT website attracts over 300,000 user sessions per year. This will ensure visitors can seek out and contact your business prior to their arrival to Ruapehu/Waitomo Districts
Increased profile and alignment with the trail’s status assure visitors you meet service requirements and are a trusted ‘cyclist-friendly’ partner.
Official Partner status includes the following:
- A licence to use the New Zealand Cycleway Official logo AND Timber Trail Partner logo
- Directory listing on the Timber Trail Official website
- A directory listing on the NZ Cycle Trails website
- Official Partner logos for use with your business comms. Guidelines for usage will be supplied.
- Access to official Timber Trail resources including maps and brochures.
- Access to Timber Trail audience via profile inclusions on our marketing activities including website, EDM’s, PR and social channels (Facebook, Instagram, You Tube)
- Preferential consideration for inclusion in media famils and promotional opportunities
- Receive regular updates on cycle trail activities/reporting and opportunities and invitations to Official Partner meetings.
All this for the annual investment of $295 plus GST. (1 July - 31 June annually)
Note: You are unable to be a partner of NZCT without being an official partner of Timber Trail for this trail.
Sign Up Online
Complete the details below. Once we receive your application we will acknowledge by email - and at that stage also request images to support your website listing on the main site.