Friends of the Timber Trail - Enhancing our trail
We're all in it together - helping
The Timber Trail is free to ride, and maintained by the Dept of Conservation. The Friends of the Timber Trail is a charitable organisation focused on supporting the trail, developing and enhancing our trail with projects that make your journey more comfortable and enhance the legacy of our special place.
Our latest projects are outlined below and will be updated as we progress.
- New Shelter at the 16km location installed
- New picnic tables along the trail installed
- Bennetts Rd carpark development (in progress see below)
- Terminus shelter project (proposed)
Bennetts Rd Carpark
Our current project is focused on developing and supporting the Bennetts Rd carpark as a fitting end to the trail.
- New flushing toilets with space to freshen up after your ride
- New picnic tables to rest and wait for your team to gather or the shuttle to arrive
- A new shelter packed with information panels and a place to wait out of the weather
- Riparian planting and landscaping
The car park is on private land, and it with the support of a variety of partners we are able to provide a more fitting end to your journey!