Kia Ora - we look forward to welcoming your bubble!
The Timber Trail is ready and waiting to welcome you back to our fantastic part of the world in Pureora forest park.
Playing it Safe Guidelines
KIa Ora. We are looking forward to welcoming bubbles of riders back to the trail, and all our operators have worked hard to ensure that your protection and safety is our priority.
All our operators are abiding by MOH and Dept of Conservation guidelines. Playing Safe on the Timber Trail is for everyone's benefit.
- If you are sick - please stay home, the trail will be there for another time :-(
- Operators will be undertaking extra sanitisation of all surfaces and equipment
- Physical distancing guidelines will be maintained. Travel in your bubble and leave a 2m space where possible with strangers!
- Bubbles must not be more than 10 people
- Please ensure you are prepared to ride in the conditions
- The toilets on the trail are being maintained by volunteers, however help us out and leave everything sparkling and clean. DOC guidelines are that users take responsibility for their own Covid-19 hygiene and cleaning requirements: so be prepared on trail. Wash your hands regularly or use hand sanitiser as required.
- Be patient as we all adjust to the new normal - and remember just how lucky we are to be able to play in this special environment.
Ride the best conditions... now
| | | |
Autumn and Winter are some of the best times to ride the trail! It's cooler, but the trail is generally dry and free-flowing (the benefit of free draining pumice). There is also nothing better than cosying up in front of a warm fire at night with your bubble buddies and sharing some kai and stories.
We've got some great preparation tips for riding - Playing Safe on the Timber Trail - preparation tips
Hear direct from our key operators...